Bert Randall, President of Franklin & Prokopik, is a trial attorney concentrating in complex matters involving employment, tort liability and business litigation. He regularly represents companies in state and federal courts, and before state and federal administrative agencies. Outside of his active trial practice, Bert provides general counsel services to Maryland businesses including General Counsel to the Maryland Motor Truck Association (MMTA) and Restaurant Association of Maryland (RAM). Additionally, Bert actively counsels employers in effective policy formation and training in order to avoid costly litigation. Bert is currently serving on the COVID-19 task force, created by F&P, to help people navigate this pandemic in the best interests of their businesses and employees.
Bert is sensitive to his clients’ needs by ensuring premiere, yet cost-effective, legal representation. When needed, he often works with other F&P attorneys in other practice areas to ensure clients’ issues are solved with a cohesive and well-rounded approach. As part of his practice, he has cultivated relationships with law firms and attorneys across the nation to provide his national clients with quality representation in any jurisdiction in which they have legal needs.
Awards and Distinctions
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- President, Franklin & Prokopik, P.C., 2015- Present
- Member, Larson’s Workers’ Compensation National Advisory Board, 2013- Present
- President, National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network, 2013-15
- Chair, Labor & Employment Practice Group, USLAW Network, Inc., 2008
- NCO-of-the-Year, 1-115th Battalion, Maryland Army National Guard, 2002
- Soldier-of-the-Year, 1-115th Battalion, Maryland Army National Guard, 2001
- Law Review, University of Baltimore School of Law, 1993-1995
- Best Lawyers, 2018-2021, Workers’ Compensation
- Best Lawyers, 2019-2021, Employment Law
- Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, 2020
Bert is active in, and has served in leadership roles for, the USLAW Network, Inc., and National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network (currently serving as Past President), both networks of independent law firms providing educational content and resources to regional and national clients. He has actively participated in the American Bar Association’s Occupational Safety and Health and Workers’ Compensation subcommittees of the Labor and Employment Section and has testified on behalf of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce before the Maryland General Assembly on a variety of legislation affecting Maryland businesses. He has both been featured as an author and been quoted in a host of legal and industry publications. Bert also served with distinction in the Maryland Army National Guard from 1989–1997.
He has served as a speaker, both regionally and nationally, for numerous organizations, including:
- American Bar Association Occupational Safety and Health and Workers’ Compensation Subcommittees of the Labor and Employment Section
- American Trucking Associations Safety and Loss Prevention Management Council
- American Conference Institute
- Captive Resources
- Council on Education in Management
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- First Rehabilitation Resources, Inc.
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Hunt Valley Business Forum
- Job Service Employer Committee
- Maryland Area Association of Occupational Health Nurses
- Maryland Association of Community Services
- Maryland Motor Truck Association
- Maryland Movers Council
- Maryland Ready Mix Concrete Association
- Maryland Workers Compensation Educational Association
- National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network
- Ocean City MD Hotel Motel Restaurant Association
- Restaurant Association of Maryland
- Society for Human Resource Management — CHRA and Annapolis Chapters
- Tri-State Safety Council
- USLAW Network, Inc.
- Washington Claims Association