Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law & Regulatory
- Appellate Advocacy
- Business & Corporate
- Commercial Litigation & Finance
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Regulation
- Labor & Employment
- Liability Defense
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Retail Industry
- Self-Insurance & Alternative Risk Finance Mechanisms
- Trucking & Transportation
- Workers’ Compensation & Employers’ Liability
One of the F&P founding principals, David is an experienced civil litigator having tried over 200 jury trials and literally thousands of workers’ compensation hearings during his career. He also maintains an active appellate practice as well as appearing in insurance matters before the MIA and the Office of Administrative Law Hearings. In 2014, he led a trial team which recovered a civil judgment in the United States District Court of some $5.7 million on behalf of our client in a contract dispute arising in Admiralty.
At Seton Hall University School of Law, he served as a teaching assistant to Professor Joseph M. Lynch in the areas of Constitutional Law and Civil Procedure.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Maryland State Bar, 1986
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Pro hac vice in a number of jurisdictions, at the request of clients to serve as lead counsel in various litigation.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1986
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, 1983
Awards and Distinctions
- Award for Excellence in International Law, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
David has lectured extensively on issues of law and procedure involving insurance coverage and ethics.
David is a member of the American Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc. and the Defense Research Institute.