Areas of Practice
Ellen is a liability associate at Franklin & Prokopik, handling a variety of cases including liability defense, premises liability, and construction matters. She focuses her practice on trucking and transportation law, representing clients ranging from taxi cab drivers to commercial vehicles.
Before joining Franklin & Prokopik, Ellen worked as an associate at a general practice firm in Columbia, Maryland. While there, she handled family law, real estate matters, estate planning and administration.
While in law school, Ellen served as the Production Editor of the Intellectual Property Law Journal and gained experience as a Rule 16 Student Attorney for the Innocence Project Clinic. Also during law school, Ellen interned at the United States Sentencing Commission.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Maryland State Bar, 2011
- District of Columbia Bar, 2013
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
• University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2011
• University of Akron, Bachelor of Science in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2008
Awards and Distinctions
Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014 – 2019
In her free time, Ellen enjoys running marathons and half marathons.