Areas of Practice
Maija has been a principal with Franklin & Prokopik since its founding in 1999. Prior to being one of the founders of the firm, she handled workers’ compensation matters for several other local law firms in Baltimore.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Maryland State Bar, 1991
- District of Columbia Bar, 1992
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1992
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1991
- Johns Hopkins University, Bachelor of Arts, 1986
Awards and Distinctions
- Selected as Top Rated Attorney to Super Lawyers for Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage and General Litigation 2018 – 2020
- In addition to her various bar admissions, Maija holds a third-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
Maija is a member of the Baltimore Claims Association, the Bar Association of Baltimore City, the Baltimore County Bar Association, the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network, the Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators, the Maryland State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She has been active on the Board of the Maryland Workers Compensation Educational Association since 2008, serving as the Program Planning Chair for the 2013 Ocean City Conference, and President of the organization in 2015. She is also a Fellow of the Baltimore Bar Foundation.