Areas of Practice
John is a founding principal of Franklin & Prokopik and has practiced in the areas of workers’ compensation and employers’ liability for over twenty years. During law school, he was a Law Achievement Workshop Scholar for Professor James May in the Law Achievement Workshop program for two years.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Maryland State Bar, 1993
- District of Columbia Bar, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- Loyola University in Maryland, Bachelor of Arts, 1990
Awards and Distinctions
- Selected to Maryland Super Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation 2015 – 2019
John is an adjunct professor at the Community College of Baltimore County where he teaches Civil Procedure, Business Law and Workers’ Compensation. He is also a member of the College’s Legal Studies Advisory Board.
John has previously served as a member of the American Inns of Court and the National Law Foundation. He has spoken on a variety of topics involving workers’ compensation before local and national groups.