Areas of Practice
John is a founding principal of Franklin & Prokopik and has practiced in the areas of workers’ compensation and employers’ liability for over twenty years. During law school, he was a Law Achievement Workshop Scholar for Professor James May in the Law Achievement Workshop program for two years.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Maryland State Bar, 1993
- District of Columbia Bar, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- Loyola University in Maryland, Bachelor of Arts, 1990
Awards and Distinctions
Selected to Maryland Super Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation 2018
John is an adjunct professor at the Community College of Baltimore County where he teaches Civil Procedure, Business Law and Workers’ Compensation. He is also a member of the College’s Legal Studies Advisory Board.
John has previously served as a member of the American Inns of Court and the National Law Foundation. He has spoken on a variety of topics involving workers’ compensation before local and national groups.