Franklin & Prokopik is nationally recognized for its expertise in trucking and transportation matters. The firm represents a wide variety of motor carriers and private fleet operators, freight brokers and shippers, both directly and through their insurers.
Areas of Service
- Corporate and operational matters
- Paratransit liability
- Regulatory compliance and related disputes with various government entities
- Labor and employment issues
- Investigation of accidents
- Vetting, negotiating and drafting documents specific to the industry:
- Owner/operator agreements
- Vehicle lease
- Purchase agreements
Regarding the investigation of accidents, Franklin & Prokopik created its own Emergency Response Team, with a 24/7 toll free emergency response number (877-752-0001), which is constantly manned and operated with full access to all of the firm’s attorneys on an emergency basis. We also routinely handle all aspects of follow-up investigation of an accident, including documents prepared during that process, and all aspects of related litigation when it arises.
The firm provides both Maryland Motor Truck Association (MMTA) and Virginia Trucking Association (VTA) with a Legal Services Program, which provides courtesy consultations to association members as a benefit of their membership. Firm principal Andrew T. Stephenson serves as Counsel to the Maryland Movers Conference.
Firm attorneys are also active in a wide variety of other transportation and related legal professional organizations, including:
- The Transportation Lawyers’ Association
- American Bar Association Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) Trucking Law Committee
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Association of Transportation Law Professionals
Franklin & Prokopik is also an Associate Member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) and National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC). The firm has a collection of more than 2,000 scale model trucks and has created its own Franklin & Prokopik die cast scale model truck.