Whether it is a manufacturing firm with fewer than 500 employees or a sole proprietorship with one employee, Franklin & Prokopik recognizes that small businesses come in many shapes and sizes and each has special legal needs.
Areas of Service
- Business entity planning and formation
- Determining the most suitable type of corporate entity
- Document drafting
- Obtaining appropriate licenses and/or authority
- Business structure and governance documents
- Operating agreements
- Buy-sell agreements
- Capitalization and finance issues
- General counsel services, including:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate documents
- Negotiating and drafting various types of contracts and other transaction documents..
- Sale and purchase of businesses or other assets, including:
- Determining what type of transaction to utilize (e.g. asset purchase or stock purchase)
- Negotiating and drafting the documents necessary to carry out the transaction, including letters of intent, purchase agreements and non-competition agreements
- Dissolution and winding up of a business entity
The Firm’s attorneys regularly represent businesses and their owners in all types of corporate matters from routine daily corporate governance through sales of mature corporations valued at $30 million or more.