Franklin & Prokopik understands the complex needs of clients in the construction industry, and has attorneys with differing areas of legal expertise working together to protect and counsel our clients on a full spectrum of issues.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Bankruptcy/banking and finance
- Business formation and planning
- Contract drafting and review
- Construction defect litigation
- Construction-related personal injury litigation
- Design/structural defect claims
- Independent contractor agreements
- Indemnity and hold harmless agreements
- Insurance and regulatory
- Labor and employment
- Mechanic’s liens
- Occupational safety and health act
- Professional liability claims
- Pre-litigation claim review and investigation
- Scheduling claims
- Workers’ compensation
Our attorneys are skilled to address not only the contract and litigation needs of our industry clients, but also the business, financial, risk management, regulatory, labor and employment, insurance and workers’ compensation needs. We believe our clients are best served through proactive risk management and business planning, and by promptly addressing conflicts and accidents when they occur. In addition, we are always available to provide training to supervisors and managers on a wide array of risk management topics.
Even with the most careful planning and risk management, litigation cannot be entirely avoided. Our attorneys also have extensive experience in all phases of litigation — from administrative agency proceedings to mediation and arbitration or litigation in state and federal courts.
Additionally, the attorneys at Franklin & Prokopik regularly provide “Rapid Response” on an emergency basis for construction accidents, labor and employment issues, and other matters requiring immediate response.