Areas of Practice
- Appellate Advocacy
- Business and Corporate
- General Counsel Program
- Insurance Coverage
- Liability Defense
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Retail Industry
- Small Business
- Trucking & Transportation
Greg joined Franklin & Prokopik in 2012, and has been practicing law for nearly 20 years. He provides a broad spectrum of legal services to clients, representing companies large and small across a variety of industries. Prior to joining Franklin & Prokopik, Greg gained experience in complex litigation, banking, and real property matters as an associate at Steptoe & Johnson. He was also an in-house general counsel for a regional general contractor that operated redi-mix concrete and asphalt divisions. In addition to his legal experience, Greg has served as a professional land planner and as a zoning administrator for a municipality in Virginia. This diverse background has enabled Greg to defend product liability claims, premises liability claims, mechanic’s lien claims, contract claims, general liability claims, and real property matters for his clients.
While in law school, Greg participated in the Moot Court Board, was elected to The Order of Barristers, served as a teaching assistant for the Legal Writing Program and was a law clerk for the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center.
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia State Bar, 2001
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Masters of Urban and Regional Planning, 1993
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Bachelor of Arts, 1988
Greg has lectured on issues of law and procedure involving zoning and land use matters, and municipal annexations. He is a member of the West Virginia State Bar; the Berkeley County, West Virginia Bar Association; the American Planning Association; and the American Institute of Certified Planners.