Super Lawyers has announced its 2020 selections for both Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Super Lawyers is a nationally recognized rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Their objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys to be used as a resource for both attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel.
Super Lawyer candidates are selected via peer nomination or identification by the research team and are then evaluated using 12 indicating factors. No more than 5% of attorneys in Maryland are selected for the Super Lawyers list and no more than 2.5% are selected as Rising Stars.
2020 Super Lawyers:
- Goorevitz, Tamara B. (Transportation)
- Handscomb, John J. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Jackson, Maija B. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Kozlowski, Angela Garcia (Workers’ Compensation)
- McKenzie, Laura S. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Prokopik, Michael W. (Workers’ Compensation)
2020 Rising Stars:
- Akpan, Imoh E. (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Archibald, John K. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Bennett, Michael T. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Bowen, Renee L. (Transportation)
- Rice, Heather A. (Personal Injury General: Defense)
- Stewart, Ellen R. (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Temple, III, James J. (Workers’ Compensation)
- Toohey, Patrick F. (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Troese, Antonio S. (Workers’ Compensation)
To find out more about Super Lawyers and the selection process for both Super Lawyers and Rising Stars visit the website at https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.